WB BITUMEN KMB 2C – Highly flexible, two-component thick bitumen mass
for heavy-duty insulation – it contains polystyrene and is refined with plastics.
WB Bitumen KMB 2C can be used for both interior and exterior-oriented projects.
• to be used to make durable and flexible insulation outside buildings, below the ground level, on horizontal and vertical surfaces. The insulation can be applied with a palette knife or sprayed.
• the product can also be used as an indirect insulation (under screed) in the case of concrete slabs, balconies and terraces, as well as for attaching extruded polystyrene boards to asphalt and mineral surfaces.
• the product adheres well to all dry and slightly damp mineral and bitumen surfaces of a proper durability (such as old cold and hot coatings or thick coats).
WB Bitumen KMB 2C is a two-component, thick bituminous mass, containing polystyrene and plastics. It is an ecological product that does not contain solvents. WB Bitumen KMB 2C consists of bitumen emulsion and reactive powder. The chemical reaction that takes place after mixing said ingredients results in a remarkable water resistance and accelerated drying. After drying, a durable and flexible insulation of the foundation is formed. The structure of the material and its resistance allow for the application of a thick layer of material in one cycle. The created coating is highly flexible, covers cracks, as well as is resistant to all hazardous substances.
Advantages of the product:
• thanks to the low weight of the material, it is easy to apply,
• it can be sprayed by using a proper equipment,
• thanks to the incorporation of the reactive powder, the desired chemical reaction takes place quickly,
• the product is very flexible thanks to polystyrene and plastic finishing,
• it dries quickly even in adverse weather conditions, ensures the protection against rain after a short time,
• after drying, it is resistant to pressurized water and covers cracks,
• it can be applied directly on an unplastered wall, if the joints in the wall are completely and evenly filled,
• no joints that may occur when using foil or insulation in rolls,
• the product enables attaching insulation boards to concrete, masonry, and dried thick-layer coatings,
• it is an ecological two-component system; it does not contain solvents.
Type: Two-component, thick bituminous mass
Ingredients: Bitumen emulsion containing polystyrene and plastics, reactive powder
Processing time at 20°C: about 1.5 hours
Density: latex emulsion containing polystyrene – about 0.65 g/cm³, bulk density of the reactive powder: – about 1.40 g/cm³, mixture density – about 0.72 g/cm³
Thermal resistance: 100°C
Application method: trowel, sprayer
Water permeability: waterproof in the case of applying a layer of the thickness of 3 mm; after drying, waterproof at a pressure of 7 bar
Hardening time: from 2 to several days, depending on air humidity, temperature, layer thickness, and the nature of the surface
Ambient and surface temperature during processing: do not use at temperatures below +5°C
Layer thickness: up to 8 mm
Cleaning: with bitumen cleaners
Hazardous ingredients: none